The Kindle Reader from Amazon
The new Kindle Reader is the latest wireless reading device from Amazon, and currently the number one selling product on Amazon.com.
The purpose of the device is of course, reading, and with it you have the ability to wirelessly download and read a variety of published materials including books, newspapers, magazines, and blogs.
In the ever changing world of the Internet, the popularity of digital books is rising, and as a direct result the need for a wireless reading device that provides a quick, easy way to access all your favorite books. The Amazon Kindle provides that, and more.
Features and Benefits of the Amazon Kindle Reader
- At just over 1/3 of an inch, the Kindle Reader is about the width of a pencil, and it weighs in at 10.2 ounces (less than your average paperback book)
- There is no setup required- the Amazon Kindle is ready to go right out of the box
- You can charge your Kindle by hooking it up to your computer with a USB cable
- Kindle Books are delivered wirelessly in less than 60 seconds, and can be purchased without ever logging on to your computer
- Kindle's 3G wireless lets you download books right from your Kindle- no annual contracts, no monthly fees, and no hunting for Wi-Fi hotspots
- Global Wireless coverage in over 100 countries worldwide
- The paper like display prevents the screen from catching a glare, so it reads just like a book
- The Amazon Kindle holds up to 1,500 books, so you can download your entire library onto a single wireless reading device
- You can read for up to a week on a single charge with wireless
- It has a built in PDF Reader
- The Amazon Kindle has a text-to-speech feature which gives it the capability to read newspapers, magazines, blogs, and books out loud to you
- There are over 540,000 of the most popular, and best selling titles available for the Kindle, as well as U.S. and international newspapers, magazines, and blogs
- There are over 1.8 million free, out-of-copyright books available to you on the Kindle, including many well-loved classics
- Kindle Books are low cost- you can get New York Times Best Sellers and new releases for as low as $9.99, and other titles even cheaper
- You can download and read the first chapter of the books you want for free, before you decide to buy them
As you can see, the benefits of the Amazon Kindle Reader are fairly obvious. Not only is it slim, lightweight, and very easy to use, but it allows you the capability of carrying around 1500 titles in a single wireless reading device and easy access to new Kindle Books without ever touching your computer! The fact that your Kindle can read books to you is simply icing on the cake.
In addition, your Kindle Books are automatically backed up and stored in your Library at Amazon.com, so it's easy to make room for new titles without losing access to previously downloaded books. Plus, you can adjust text sizes, manually rotate the screen, highlight and annotate text, and bookmark pages quickly and easily.
As for the downsides of using the Kindle Reader over any other wireless reading device...
- You can only access Kindle books, blogs, newspapers, and magazines that are available through Amazon, so you are somewhat limited to what you can get on your Kindle, and...
- The screen flashes when switching between applications on your Kindle and when turning pages (while this didn't really bother me, some customers have voiced complaints about it).
Overall, the benefits of using the Kindle reader far outweigh the disadvantages, and the quality of the product you get is absolutely worth the price that Amazon is asking for it.
Ebook Reader Reviews
Gift Ideas for Readers
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read. Leave me a comment in the box below.